This is an old rendering technique that is still used today. You may have noticed many hisorical buildings and structures are coated in a lime render. Below are some advantages of using lime render.
Exterior Wall Rendering Essex
We can install a variety of exterior wall rendering systems in Essex, London and beyond. Rendering is the process of applying a façade to your properties external wall. It helps to weatherproof the underlying wall material, and to dramatically improve the appearance of your property. Render is also designed to allow walls to breath, allowing water vapour to travel from your brickwork to the outside.
ST Render Solutions Ltd pride ourselves on the quality of our work. We believe our service is second to none, as we have a tight-knit team of highly skilled professionals. Our render, insulation and paint systems enhance our customer’s homes and businesses.
Reputation is the key to success, and we are delighted to have many positive testimonials on social media, provided by our very satisfied customers. Our expert team will help you evaluate and choose the best rendering solution for your home or business. We have the necessary skills and knowledge to apply any type of render system on any property. Below are the typical exterior wall rendering solutions we offer:
Flexible Synthetic Silicone Render
This type of render offers many benefits over traditional render products, and is becoming increasingly popular in the UK as a result. As the name suggests, this is a flexible render made from synthetic silicone. Being made of silicone, it means this render forms a highly durable flexible layer which can withstand cracking. Furthermore, it also has excellent water resistant ability’s. There is a wide range of colours to choose from.
- One of the most flexible renders, and therefore resistant to cracks.
- Creates a modern look.
- Self cleaning.
- Highly durable.
- Can be applied to different surfaces.
- Available in many colours.
- Allow external walls to breath.
- Maintenance free.
- Can be combined with external wall insulation.
K / Monocouche Render
Monocouche render is becoming increasingly popular in the UK. The term monocouche is actually a french term meaning ‘single layer’. Usually people refer to monocouch as K render, which is actually a major manufacture of monocouche, and is the brand our company use. Overall, this type of render is low maintenance and produces a natural looking finish. One of the best things about monocouche is that it is Colour pigmented throughout, meaning it does not need to be painted once applied.
- Very low maintenance.
- Suitable for most types of block or brick work.
- Requires a single coat only.
- Does not need to be painted once applied.
- Allows the surface to breath whilst offering a high degree of water repellent.
- Its drier finish means it is more resistant to the growth of lime bloom and algae.
- Finish that is completely low maintenance, requiring very little work from yourself
- Allows structure to breath.
- Suitable for old buildings.
- Is flexible, because the Lime render is weaker than mortar.
This type of render involves the use of a cement (usually portland) and sand mix, which is then applied to a properties external wall. It has been a very popular render in the UK for decades, but times are changing. We can apply different textures using tools such as sponges, brushes and stamps. Unlike the more modern render, cement render will need to be painted once dried. Whatever you choose, it will result in a classy exterior which can help improve the value of your home. Typical features of this render are below:
- Cement render can be textured to suit your property.
- Available in many colours.
- A cost effective option for adding aesthetic value to your property.
- Not for all properties due to its rigidity.
- Stronger than lime render.
- Needs to be sealed or painted after it is applied.
- Helps to prevent penetration of rain water through exterior walls.